Priced Right. Properly Presented. Contracted in Under Two Weeks.
The Formula – It’s No Secret
Ever wonder why some properties sit on the market for what seems like an eternity and others of similar appeal and condition are under contract and closed in less than 45 days from going live online? It’s no secret really. I have a simple answer for you and it’s the same answer I’ve been providing to sellers since 2015 when I entered into the general real estate resale marketplace as a listing specialist.
Price a property correctly and make sure you put your best foot forward from day one when you go online to present your offering to the pool of prospective purchasers on Zillow, Realtor.com, Facebook, Instagram, etc…and you will sell. You will sell quickly in the current South Florida marketplace.
I walk the walk when I am talking the talk. Below I present to you two properties that contracted within less than two weeks of being listed. 2600 SW 29th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312 and 13055 SW 15th Court, # 206S, Pembroke Pines, FL 33027. The former is my personal residence and the latter is the second property I sell for a customer that I have now come to call a friend.
2600 SW 29th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312.
This is my former home. As I mentioned in a previous blog post it took us several weeks of preparation to make sure that we were putting our best foot forward when we were finally ready to go live on market and offer our residence of six years to its future homeowner. Needless to say the effort and expense that we undertook to procure top dollar for our Fort Lauderdale home from the marketplace paid off.
- 4 bedrooms / 3 bathrooms
- 2 car garage (true 2 car garage)
- 3,001 square feet of adjusted living area
- 10,465 square foot lot
- originally built in 1988 and remodeled / upgraded substantially by yours truly
- list price of $640,000
13055 SW 15th Court, # 206S, Pembroke Pines, FL 33027
- 1 bedroom / 1.5 bathrooms
- 1 assigned parking space
- 940 square feet of adjusted living area
- originally built in 1991
- list price of $129,900
The Broward Real Estate Market Single Family Homes 500k – 700k
The Broward Real Estate Market Condos to 150K
Thinking of Selling in Broward County?
Let’s talk about your specific property. Some details that are important to consider prior to listing:
- What is the average price per square foot of closed sales within the past 6 months of properties comparable to yours in your specific local real estate market?
- What is the average sales cycle time of homes in your neighborhood?
- How do the interior appointments of properties that have closed recently in your neighborhood compare to those of your home?
- What is your competition (other listings similar to yours) doing to market their homes and how can you differentiate your home from theirs?
- What advantages does your home offer to prospective purchasers over the competition? Disadvantages?
- What is your home showing strategy? Do you have pets? How much de-cluttering do you need to do prior to listing? Will your home benefit from being painted in neutral colors that will appeal to a larger spectrum of potential buyers? Should the furniture be arranged differently than your current layout? Should you be home while your property is being shown?
- What is the average percentage of original list price to final sale price of homes in your market?
- Are you aware of the costs associated with the sale of real estate in South Florida? How much can you truly expect to net on the gross sale price of your home?
- ….and there’s much more to talk about…
Give me a call. No obligation consultation to have a clearer perspective of the process of selling a home.